Intro to VSA
The Victorian Skateboard Association Inc (VSA) is recognised by the Victorian State Government as the Peak Body for Skateboarding in Victoria.
Our aim is to foster, encourage and promote the sport of skateboarding throughout Victoria.
The VSA achieves this by partnering with education providers, government, businesses and other organisations to provide opportunities for people to participate in skateboarding,
The VSA develops resources, networks and policies that assist our partners to provide skate-related programs and facilities.
The VSA provides its members with industry knowledge and information about upcoming events and programs.
All young people in Victoria have the opportunity to formally participate in skate related programs and at skate parks safely.
Foster, Encourage and Promote the sport of skateboarding throughout Victoria.
The VSA aims to partner with education providers, government, businesses and other organisations to provide opportunities for young people to participate in skateboarding.
The VSA will be known for:
- The development and contribution to the Victorian Skatepark League
- Providing support and assistance to organisations and governments contributing to the development of grass roots skateboarding programs
- Promoting skateboarding as a legitimate alternative to mainstream sports
- Developing education programs and systems that provide young people with the fundamental skills to enter the sport safely
- Provide pathways for entry level participants to progress to higher levels