Up until the end of 2015, The VSA in Partnership with Vic Health successfully delivered the new Learn Right Skate School Skate Safety Program.
We are currently working of securing funding for another Program, so please stay tuned!
Of course if your school has the capacity to fund a program for your school, we can arrange our professional program delivery team to tailor a program to your specific needs.
Contact our Training Programs Manager Richard Flude via email@example.com
- Support and fund the delivery of skateboarding programs in schools
- Provide schools with a network of skateboard coaches and program providers
- Link young people in with local skate clubs around Victoria
- Have skateboarding included as a regular part of School’s Physical Education Curriculum
- Provide a safe and formal pathway into the sport of skateboarding
- Get more people skateboarding and provide information about local skate parks and programs
- Provide a pathway to Skate Club programs at local skate parks
- Schools within metropolitan Melbourne
- Primary School Grades 4, 5 and 6
This innovative and refreshingly new school program focuses on engaging all students irrespective of age and gender, and delivers an active fun and games based clinic incorporating balance, agility, coordination and technique.
During the program confidence is built by the individual as he/she progresses with skills and techniques imparted during our sessions. We believe our programs also assist in the building of participants’ self-esteem and positive identity for young people and youth culture.
Our program delivery team members are accredited by the Australian Sports Commission and are highly experienced and skilled in every aspect of teaching their sport, they have the appropriate Working with Children and Police Checks.
For the clinics we will provide all the equipment and protective gear for each student including skateboards, helmets, knee and elbow pads and wrist guards.
All that is needed to deliver the clinic is a suitable area within your school grounds with a hard surface to ride on – such as sealed bitumen or concrete, quadrangle, basketball or tennis court.