The Skate Park League Series is the largest and most established series of skateboarding competitions in Australia, and it is now National.
Frim its start in Victoria, the series is conducted throughout the North/Western and South Eastern regions of Metropolitan Mebourne and Regional Victoria. Since 2005 the series has grown to include more than 50 events in Victoria, and from 2015, events in other states, and each competition is free and any amateur skateboarder can enter.
The VIC-SPL is a combination of 6 individual series held throughout metropolitan and regional Victoria. These series include:
• North Western Metro Series (Sept – Dec)
• South Eastern Metro Series (Mar – June)
• Barwon South Western Regional Series (Jan – Feb)
• Loddon Mallee Regional Series (July – Aug)
• Gippsland Region Series (Jan – Feb)
• North East Skate Park Series (March – Dec)- Follow this link for latest from the NE series
Interstate and national championships are now a feature of Skate Park League, providing a true national competition pathway.
The VSA aims to work with Local Governments, YMCA, Skate industry and other stakeholders to showcase and celebrate amateur skateboarders’ skills and talent.
The series concept encourages a commitment through ongoing participation to build up points and qualify for the Grand Final. Skaters have a choice of how many and which events they will attend. From 2015, in order to establish the Skate Park League Series as the first step on a competition pathway to the pinnacle of the sport, the points awarded are now based the international World Championship ranking system points table. The percentage allocation of World Championship points increases as the competition moves from grass-roots, to national championship levels, and higher performance earns higher rewards. (see the points tab on the rankings worksheet.)
As a youth orientated event, youth participation is integral to the success of the program. Skaters may choose to participate in different ways, either by directly competing in the events, supporting friends and family, or simply to enjoy the atmosphere.
- Encouraged to participate regardless of their skill level or ability
- Encouraged through the emphasis on building up points opposed to winning
- Sent Newsletters and updates via email so they are able to track their progress
- Rewarded for good sportsmanship (Most Improved and Best and Fairest Awards)
- Verbally supported and encouragement from event staff and MC
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
- If you are a skateboarder and over 18, simply rock up to the next heat and sign in. If you are under 18 download a rego form here and get your parents to sign it and rock up to the next heat. There is no cost to enter (helmets compulsory)
- If you are a Local Government and would like to get a heat happening in your municipality, you will need to have a quality Skate Park and show a commitment to celebrating the skill and talents of skateboarders and young people. Please send us an email and we will work with you to make your area the next stop in this exciting and well established competition series.